So I don't hear from him. It's several weeks before I dare return to Spaghetti Factory again and this time I'm not wearing a hat, last time I was. Maybe he wouldn't recognize me without the hat? Maybe he wouldn't even work on that night.
Well of course he'd work on that night and get our table. I keep my head low, and try to be cool and not obvious, but I mean a brown girl and an Asian girl going to an Italian restaurant has to stick out like a second Sun. However he seems cool, so I soon relax and stop worrying about it. Thank God for hats right?
So we pay and leave our tips and as we're walking out he says, "Thanks for coming again," and I say you're welcome and continue on when I see my g/fs wide eyed expression and smirk. "He said 'AGAIN'! He totally remembered." OMG HE DID! HE SO DID! Needless to say, it was again a long time before we went back.
Tonight, we decide to try somewhere we hardly ever go. Applebees. We sit down, and the waiter asks for our drinks. I look up, and I can't even fathom what my jaw dropping horrified expression looked like, as I stared up at the SpagFag Man. It was him! Same name even, I notice after recognizing his face.
"That was him!" I hissed at my friend after he'd smiled and taken our order.
"Who? No it wasn't! How can you even recognize him? You must be mistaken." I insisted she asked him. He came back shortly later, and I make sure I'm staring down at my plate as she asks the damning question. "Did you used to work at Spaghetty Factory?"
"Yes I did!" he confirmed. "I used to work at both places but now just here, I like it better here." And he was gone.
"I am SO sorry but that's hilarious, but I'm sorry that sucks!" said my g/f between fits of giggles.
He kept smiling at me, even she noticed that! And she doesn't notice shit! Even when she asked for a box, he said to ME, "I'll bring that right out! :D" OMG WHY? WHY!? Just go away! What are the odds? UGH! I wanted to bury myself in my shrimp pasta or strangle him with a noodle until he was convinced that waiting was no longer his preferred career path.
He's everywhere! I can't escape him! The one time I ever leave my number for someone and he shows up like a nightmare wherever any form of pasta is present. I made some spaghetti a few nights ago and I'm half expecting one day I'll open my refrigerator door and there he'll be there holding a water pitcher and a tray asking if that will be all and if I've saved room for any dessert.
No comments:
Post a Comment