A few mornings ago, I stop by McDonalds on the way to work. I pull up to the drive through and the guy asks how I'm doing today. I said, "Great!"
"That's wonderful to hear!"
He then asks if I want my receipt and I said, "No thanks I'm good."
"Well of course your good!" he responds. "You're far to lovely to be evil. Especially with that smile."
I smiled and laughed a bit...How the hell do you respond to something like that?! "Thanks," I finally mumbled, embarrassed and not knowing what else to say.
This morning, I pull up and the guy wishes me a good morning. "Morning, can you split a 50?" I ask.
"Sure!" He takes the fifty and pretends to rip it in half.
"HA!" I exclaim, as I am easily amused.
"Wow look at that smile."
Oh here we go, I think he's starting to recognize me.
"I bet you knock your boyfriend's socks off with that smile, huh?" he gushes.
I JUST WANT COFFEE! I'm sorry Dungeons and Dragons man, but I do not want to have a flirty interaction every time I want an iced coffee in the morning. I just want my delicious vanilla iced coffee and to be on my merry way!
I respond, "Maybe haha," cuz I mean it's kinda flattering and I'm not going to be a jerk to some random Dungeon Master, he might throw his 8 sided die and cast a level 13 Love Spell on me. I should have just said, "You bet I do! I knock his socks off, and his pants off, and then we fuck! And he'd beat anyone's ass who even spoke to me." But I could not think of such clever antic dotes at such an awkward time.
Then he ends, as always, with, "You come back anytime now okay?"
It's fucking McDonalds! Most of you are now open late, I will come back anytime! Don't you worry yourself back to a level 2 Paladin about it, I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment