Friday, September 30, 2011

Halloween Pen

I went to a cute Halloween store on 54th and Redwood called Halloween City. I found a few things I wanted, including stencils for pumpkins that are pretty much already cut out! You just have to tape it to the pumpkin and follow the lines, hurray!

Standing in line behind a girl and her mom, I notice a cute Halloween pen. The girl was about 8, clearly too excited about her new costume her mom was buying her to care about a pen. I however did. It was purple, and lit up when you wrote, AND had feathers on the end with a skull! So I reach in front of her to grab the pen, it was standing next to many others, all being held by a little box so they could stand up all cute. As I try to pull the pen out quickly to not be in the way, the whole box and all the pens start to come with it. I quickly let go and noisily shove it back, and pretend as though I didn't really want the pen anyway. The little girl grabs the pen, puts her hand on the box to hold it down, pulls it out, and hands it to me with a 'there you go,' smile on her face. "Thank you," I mutter as I take the pen.

Glad the 8 year old handled the situation before I broke something. SIGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment