My g/f told me about this awesome cure all called Oil-Pulling that has been 'proven' to pull out all these toxins from your body and supposedly cure chronic illnesses. She said she'd send me the link after we got back from a health food store searching for Unrefined oil. The only kind I could find was Coconut.
Unrefined oil is the thick, buttery, non liquidy type of oil. It's more like a cream. So this morning I get up and I open the jar of Unrefined coconut oil and scrape a chunk out as it is rather thick. I was told to use it as mouth wash for 15-20 minutes in the morning, first thing, and the coconut also helps whiten teeth so to make sure to pull it through my teeth. I place the blob in my mouth and cringe at the overwhelming taste of coconut. I quickly concentrate on my make up as I pull the oil between my teeth, moving it all around my mouth, leaving no crevice untouched, or should I say, unslimed by the coconut.
After a nauseating 10 minutes I couldn't handle it anymore and spit it out. I vigorously brushed my teeth, ate, and could still taste it. I get to work, open my e-mail and it was supposed to be REFINED OIL! On top of that, only one doctor has even done studies on it! So not only did I use the wrong one, it probably did nothing but add a nice white sheen to my teeth and permeate my saliva glands with the permanent taste of coconut slime.
Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was just told to do that today but didn't buy the coconut oil when I was at the health food store cuz it just looked too thick. I am so glad I ran across your blog. I think I'll pass on the whole oil-pulling thing...sounds gross! If your looking to do a liver cleanse and help with chronic illnesses, and that's what I was told this coconut crap was for, I would suggest the ionic foot bath. You go for about 3-4 sessions and you will feel better almost immediately. a lot of Spas offer it, but I found a chiopractor that does it as well. Hope you feel better! - Cassie
ReplyDelete