Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fries Are Chips...?

So I go to this nearby Mexican restaurant and order a Super Nachos. Starving, I rush back to work as fast as I can to devour my meal. As I open the steamy, beautiful white foam box, it reveals, not nachos, but French Fries, covered in all the things my delicious tortilla chips should've been covered in.

Did they run out of chips and replace it with Fries? Cuz yeah...that's close. I'm sure some big, fat half American, half Mexican, upon opening this would half perhaps been drooling all over himself at the calories, grease and fat grams that were just added to this meal as if Rosie O'Donnell herself were on the plate. However, myself would rather avoid a cholesterol induced heart attack.

I take it back and inform them of their mistake, when the lady says, "You said Carne Asada Fries." I can see how she would get that, as 'Super Nachos' sounds almost EXACTLY like Carna Asada Fries. I mean, they rhyme, same number of syllables...OH WAIT NO THEY DON'T. "I don't really eat fries, so I didn't say that," I informed the confused worker. Thankfully, I was finally given my nachos.

I graciously said, "Thank you very much," with a big, kind smile as the woman handed me my food. She stared at me in reply, and walked away. Pfft whatever bitch, I got ma food!

1 comment:

  1. Well in Britain fries are called chips! Maybe the lady was British? Lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete